Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Taking the time

Hi, again! I thought I would take a moment to give someone some much needed recognition. 

My Mommy. 


My Mommy is the most brave person I know. Sure, no body is perfect. But to me and my Bubba, she truly is. It's not easy to be the Mother of a Rett Girl. And it's even harder to have a younger child that does not understand. My Mommy has a lot of bad things said about her because of myself and my brother, and still she is true and loving.


When all of this started, this Awareness Campaign, my Mommy's state of mind was different than it is now. Her life was full of stress and misunderstanding. Now, she is happy and has, like all of you, a new understanding. A new appreciation, if you will, of her life altogether. My family sees it in her, this change. Now, please do not misread this in saying that she has a new appreciation. My Mommy has always tried to do her best. And has always loved us the same as she does now. However, the twinkle in her eye when she looked at me before has turned to a flare. She is a woman with a purpose more important than her original role. A purpose that is being filled by Awareness, Hope and above all, GOD.

It's an amazing privilege to witness a change in someone. Especially, a change brought on by God. I know in my heart that this is only the beginning. There is greatness coming our way. A difference to be made. 




post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment